I have long realised that the best thing about my company is the number of "company holidays" we can enjoy. I truly appreciate that, cos they made it "compulsory" for us to have a day or half-day off before festive seasons. Firstly, you don't have to remember to clear it within the month or else it will be forfeited. (I mean, we have so many things to remember, why add one more to the list?) Secondly, this is especially important if you work under a boss who doesn't like her staff to apply leave and doesn't allow more than 2 persons to be on leave at the same time. (excuse me, there are 7 of us in the dept lor, not as if the whole dept is gone.) sigh...
Why am I saying all these? Because after a long wait since our national day holiday, Deepavali and Hari Raya Puasa holidays are around the corner! And blessed uu gets to enjoy a half-day off tomorrow and full day off on Friday. In addition, office will be closed half-day on Mon and Tue is a public holiday. Good right. Don't envy k, read on.
Still on the topic of vacation leave... sometimes i wonder if we need to be so strict on leave application. If a person were instructed by his/her doctor to bed-rest at home for a few weeks, could he/she apply for hospitalization leave? Strictly speaking, it cannot be considered as such because he/she did not physically stay in the hospital. However, the nature of the "instructed activity" or rather "inactivity" can be considered as hospitalization. If your boss is particularly concerned over your leave application and not your health, something is not quite right. well well well... What would you say on this?
Anyway, the haze in the office is really as bad as the haze outside the office. "The Leave" is just the tip of the iceberg. The seemingly wholesome and healthy place to work in is not as wholesome as most have thought. Accusations. Injustice. Complaints. How I wish I didn't hear them or better still, they didn't happen at all. I want to put on my Escapist cap.
Last night, as I was reading my bible, the following verses struck me...
Psalm 91
1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."
3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you make the Most High your dwelling—
even the LORD, who is my refuge-
10 then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. .......
Yes Lord, these are Your promises to those who dwell in Your shelter. I'll find rest in You. Thank you Lord.
Labels: workplace-related woes